Monday, April 8, 2013

Two Down

So we picked up John yesterday. We found him sitting in his car by the side of the road. When Tom went to talk to him, I didn't ask him what he was doing -- it would have been pointless anyway. Tom does what Tom does. Sometimes there are reasons, sometimes there aren't.

But this time, it turned out that John was "our ghost," whatever that meant. To be honest, I was just glad John had a car, because I was tired of walking (you'd think I'd be used to it now, but no). So after Tom somehow persuaded John to join us in this probably fruitless endeavor, we piled into his car and started to drive.

John actually insisted that I drive. I have a driver's license, but haven't driven in a while; John, however, apparently suffers from some bad hallucinations, which is why he was by the side of the road. He said they come and go, but he had a bad one just before we found him.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of John. He's tall and skinny and looks like he needs a sandwich. He also looks super nervous all the time.

Next stop: to pick up "our shadow," or so Tom says. I asked how he knew who they were or where they were, but all he gave me was that fucking enigmatic grin. But what the hell, I've trusted him up until this point, why stop now?

Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment